When it comes to the issue of what is better between natural birth and C –Section or Cesarean section, it will actually depend on the pregnant woman’s specific circumstance and general condition. Most of the time, the C-section is done when the woman cannot undergo the normal painful process of natural birth because of health conditions such as heart ailments. To give out a better view of the two procedures, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the two:
Advantages of Natural Birth:
- Women will be able to feel a sense of empowerment. In this procedure, they are active participants of the birthing process
- According to studies, vaginal births can decrease the risk of the baby having respiratory ailments
- It can make future pregnancies quicker and faster
Disadvantages of Natural Birth:
- Natural birth can be so painful
- It can lead to a prolonged labor
- It can definitely take so much energy of the mother.
- The baby can experienced trauma while being delivered
Advantages of C-Section
- You will be able to choose the date you want
- Lesser stress because the delivery is planned and there is no more fear of the unknown date
- Trauma of the baby during C-section is very minimal compared to the natural birth method
- It reduces the risk of postpartum hemorrhage or bleeding
- Best for women who have complications in their pregnancy
Disadvantages of C-Section
- There is an increased risk of health complications such as wound hematoma and infection
- After the surgery, the woman should expect problems in bowel function for some time.
- Uterine rupture can happen especially on future pregnancies.
- It is generally more expensive.
- There is a general increase in the risk of injury to the organs
The ways to give birth should be a decision made by the couple with the help of the doctor. It is best to talk to your health care provider so that you will be offered the best advice on what is best for your condition.